Every now and then I have the opportunity to try something that makes me say "Why didn't I think of that?" The Rx Timer Cap is such a product. Last month, one of our friends came down with a really, really bad virus and his wife, who's a nurse, remarked that he was the "worst patient" and "never takes his medicine". He shot back with "I can't remember when I'm supposed to take it." Immediately, I grabbed my purse and showed him the Rx Timer Cap.
The Rx Timer Cap is a disposable medication cap with a built-in timer which can aid patients in taking their medications as prescribed. When it comes to my children, I'm more apt to keep up with the last time and dosage of medication I gave them. However, when it comes to myself, I tend to forget when my last dose was and often times end up either doubling a dose or skipping a dose altogether. Much of my professional life has been spent in the healthcare industry in one capacity or another. I've witnessed patients telling doctors they missed a dose and heard doctor's suggest ways for the patients to remind themselves to take their prescriptions. I've heard everything from writing it down to using a kitchen timer to setting an alarm on your cell phone and many others.

The Rx Timer Cap comes in a variety of sizes and styles to fit most prescription bottles. There are caps for nearly every single cap diameter you have in your medicine cabinet. Plus, you have the option of child protective, You simply replace the original cap with the Rx Timer Cap and the timer begins. The timer displays the time the bottle was last opened. No more guessing. You simply look at the LCD display and you'll know when you last took your medication.

Rx Timer Cap is ideal for anyone taking prescription medication, particularly elderly family members who may not recall when they last took their medication.
As you can see in this pic, it's been 2 minutes since I last opened this bottle. Neat, huh?
The caps are disposable which means they're only meant to last up to 2 years and the battery is not rechargeable. Cost efficient, well, maybe, maybe not. Energy efficient, well, that too can be argued. Nonetheless, the Rx Timer Cap is a very useful product and has been a hit with my family and friends.
For more info:
Web: www.RxTimerCap.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/RxTimerCap
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RxTimerCap
* * * G I V E A W A Y * * *
How would you like to win an Rx Timer Cap (ARV $9.95)
Disclosure: I received a set of Rx Timer Caps in exchange for this review. The views expressed above are mine.
Winner will have 48 hours to claim prize or prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected. Disclaimer: Many thanks to the sponsor for providing this prize for the giveaway. Opinions are my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. Click here for the Disclosure Policy of Three Boys and an Old Lady blog.
Winner will have 48 hours to claim prize or prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected. Disclaimer: Many thanks to the sponsor for providing this prize for the giveaway. Opinions are my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. Click here for the Disclosure Policy of Three Boys and an Old Lady blog.

0 comments:
Post a Comment