Thursday, November 15, 2012

Holiday Entertaining with Private Selection #BzzAgent #IGotItFree

We are one week away from Thanksgiving and the beginning of the Holiday feasting season.  This time of year the Three Boys and an Old Lady household, like many others, is abuzz with family and friends.  I always like to have snacks on hand and have been known to whip a pretty good spread on a whim.  This year, I'm adding more Private Selection items to my holiday entertaining. 
 
 

Private Selection is available at my local grocer and offers items that will have your guests asking for your entertaining secret.

I recently received coupons to try some of Private Selection offerings and selected Garlic Stuffed Olives, Jalepeno Stuffed Olives and Blue Marbled White Cheddar Cheese.  Hubby and I sampled them with the Classic Water Crisps and Costa Rican Tarrazu coffee provided in the BzzAgent BzzKit. 

When it comes to water crackers, there isn't much to say.  Water crackers are meant to compliment their topping not overpower them and the Private Selection Water Crisps did not disappoint.  Each cracker served as a firm base for the accompanying cheese, Blue Marbled White Cheddar Cheese may I add (more on that later).  The Water Crisps were crisp with every bite. 

The Private Selection olives were foreign to me.  Funny considering I purchase pickles, pepperocinis and olives several times a month and am still amazed I had never seen any Private Selection olive offerings at my local grocer.  Besides the variety, I loved the price.  Private Selection stuffed olives were on average $1 cheaper than the brand I typically purchase.  The money saved sure wasn't wasted on flavor as the olives were vibrantly-colored, flavorful and in a word - succulent.  The Private Selection Jalepeno Stuffed Olives were hubby's fave but I favored the Garlic Stuffed and with each bite imagined how delicious they would taste in my tapenade.  There was a blue cheese variety but since we purchased the Blue Marbled White Cheddar Cheese I decided I would have to try the blue cheese stuffed olives another time. 

It isn't often I find myself at a loss of words when it comes to describing something I like but I cannot think of any words to describe how delicious the Private Selection Blue Marbled White Cheddar Cheese is.  I first tried this variety at a Summer BBQ we hosted and everyone raved about this cheese.  I almost forgot how delicious it was and was pleasantly reminded of how a true foodie can delight in something as simple as cheese and crackers.

If you're counting calories, you'll be glad to know there are only 90 calories per slice.  However, it's the Holiday Feasting Season, calories schmalories.
  From Millan.Net

Disclosure:  Many thanks to BzzAgent for the opportunity to participate in this awesome campaign.  I received coupons and product samples and invite you to visit BzzAgent.com to sign up to become a BzzAgent. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment