Sunday, November 18, 2012

Kylie Minogue "The Abbey Road Sessions"


Abbey Road is legendary and Kylie Minogue is a singin' sistah so I was excited to have the opportunity to review Kylie Minogue "The Abbey Road Sessions" but the real Kylie fan in my life AKA my brother was really excited and offered to help review Kylie's latest CD.  Seriously, when he visited last week and I showed him the CD, he said "Seriously, you haven't listened to Kylie since when, the early 90s."  OMG, he was right.  My knowledge of Kylie didn't extend much past her hit "Locomotion".  Then he preceded to educate me in all things Kylie and thus earned a partnership in this review.  So without further adieu, here's OUR review...
 

Sixteen tracks.  Some familiar ones and others notsomuch.  I could go on about "Locomotion" but if that's all you know about Kylie, then you are in for a treat.  Her instant success of that single left many of us thinking Kylie was a one hit wonder.  However, true Kylie fans will appreciate the maturity that resonates throughout this CD.  The Abbey Road Sessions is riddled with orchestral accompainments.

I loved the song "Slow", well at least this version.  The original came out in the late 80s and was a pretty good, B track BUT the version on The Abbey Road Sessions is smoother.  Again, this is a more mature Kylie than the bubblegum pop princess of the 80s. 

We both agreed the track "Flower" is among the best on the CD.  The track "Flower" made me cry.  As I listened to the lyrics, there was something about the lyrics that touched me.  Then I googled the lyrics and immediately my heart burst.  Flower is probably one of Kylie's most personal songs to date.  She wrote it during her very public bout with cancer and the song is about her desire to become a mom.  I struggled with infertility for many years before the birth of my children so I could relate to the song. 

My brother thought "Flower" was a testament of Kylie's songwriting skills.  I couldn't agree with him more.  Lovers of Kylie's music have waited a long time for her to pen a song from her heart and Flower did not disappoint.

The Abbey Road Sessions Track Listing:
1. All The Lovers
2. On A Night Like This
3. Better The Devil You Know
4. Hand On Your Heart
5. I Believe In You
6. Come Into My World
7. Finer Feelings
8. Confide In Me
9. Slow
10. The Locomotion
11. Can’t Get You Out Of My Head
12. Where The Wild Roses Grow
13. Flower
14. I Should Be So Lucky
15. Love At First Sight
16. Never Too Late

Buy It:  The Abbey Road Sessions Roads is available from Amazon in CD, as a special, limited edition deluxe CD and available on iTunes.

For More Info:  Be sure to follow @KylieMinogue on Twitter or Check out Kylie on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/kylieminogue.

Disclosure:  I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. All opinions stated are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment