One of the first frugal secrets I learned in college was the power of new shoe laces. I was even more frugal in my college days than I am now and understandably so given the fact I worked part time and had no money whatsoever. Well, now I work full-time and I am responsible for four other folks beside myself but I’ve held on to some of those frugal ways including keeping a pair of new shoe laces on hand to keep my shoes looking new. KIWIhas been a standby product in my family for years.
My dad was a former Air Force officer, who to this very day, still spit shines his shoes. Growing up I remember shopping for loafers at Brooks Brothers and hating it because I knew it meant I’d be subject to his random shoe shines. I hated shining my shoes but I loved the look of freshly polished shoes. KIWI was his polish of choice then…and now.
Nowadays, there’s little shoe polishing in our household ‘cept for Hubby’s weekly polish or his work shoes and the occasional shining of the kids’ church shoes. Yes, we still use KIWI but not just for shining work shoes and church shoes. KIWI has some wonderful products perfect for all things shoes. One of my faves is the KIWI Shoe Freshener. I have tried everything from pouring baking soda in shoes to absorb odors to spraying them with strong aerosols but nothing has ever eliminated stale, stinky foot odor like the KIWI Shoe Freshener. The upside down applicator blasts deodorant throughout the shoe leaving it smelling fresh. The KIWI Shoe Freshener is perfect for freshening shoes when the family comes in from a long day of play. No more stinky shoes!
Everyone in the Three Boys and an Old Lady household has at least two pair of sneakers – the play sneakers and the school sneakers. The play sneakers are generally former school sneakers that aren’t quite worn enough to be recycled. The school sneakers are the newest sneakers which are in good enough condition the kids can occasionally wear them to church. To maximize the longevity of the both I use KIWI Sport Whitener and KIWI Fast Acting Cleaner. Have you seen the prices of sneakers lately? My kids’ feet are outpacing mine and hubbies. Seriously, my twin sons shoes have matched their age since they were 7 years old. When they were 9, they wore a size 9…in MENS. So when I buy shoes, I buy them to last at least for one season. KIWI products help me keep my family’s shoes looking better longer and sometimes it’s as simple as a new pair of shoe laces, while others may require a little cleaning. Either way, KIWI helps me save my money and helps keep up putting our best foot forward.Disclosure: I received a complimentary product in exchange for this review post. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this post. The views above are mine. Click here for the Disclosure Policy of Three Boys and an Old Lady blog.
0 comments:
Post a Comment